Thanks to all who entered.
And a big congratulations to
our grand prize winner, Thomas Barr!
SANDS FAN OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR ONLINE USE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility Requirements. Subject to conditions below, the Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Arizona, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to win Prizes or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes: employees of Sponsor and Prize Providers, its respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate family members of all such employees and all others with whom they are domiciled.
2. Sweepstakes Period. Entries will be accepted starting February 11, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Mountain Time ("MT") through October 1, 2019. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. MT on October 1st, 2019. All mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than October, 1, 2019 and received no later than October 2, 2019.
3. Entry. To enter the Sands Fan Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") (a) Go to Sandsfan.com, complete the official entry form, tell us why you are a Sands Fan and submit electronically; or (b) mail a 3 x 5 card with your name, address, age, daytime telephone number and signature to: Sands Fan Sweepstakes, c/o Cox Media, LLC, 4600 E Washington St, Suite 200, Phoenix, AZ 85034, Attn: Marketing (Limit one mail-in entry per stamped outer envelope). One entry per person regardless of method of entry. Your submission of an entry certifies that you satisfy all eligibility requirements and have read and complied with all of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor. All entries must be handwritten and legible or individually typed. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’ Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. All entries become property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion, and Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determine to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Grand Prize Event. Grand Prize Event will be held on October 11, 2019 at 7pm at Valley Vista High School, 15550 N. Parkview Pl, Surprise, AZ 85374.
5. Grand Prize. Winner will receive their choice of either (a) 2019 Chevrolet Spark with an approximate retail value of thirteen thousand two hundred dollars ($13,200) ("Car Grand Prize") or (b) Ten thousand dollars ($10,000) ("Cash Grand Prize") (collectively, the "Grand Prize"). A Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed for Car Grand Prize, except that all Prizes are subject to availability and Sponsor may substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a Prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and not claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. The prize is nontransferable and non-assignable.
6. Additional Prizes – Additional Winners will receive a Beats Solo3 Wireless on-ear Headphones with an estimated retail value of $239.95 ("Additional Prize"). A Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except that all Prizes are subject to availability and Sponsor may substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a Prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and not claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. The prize is nontransferable and non-assignable.
7. Selection of Winners Selection of Finalists. Five (5) provisional finalists will be chosen at random on October 2, 2019 by Cox Media Arizona from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Cox Media Arizona will attempt to notify the provisional finalists by telephone or email, depending on information provided, within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing. No messages will be left at the telephone number(s) given by provisional finalists, and any calls returned by provisional finalists via caller identification or similar technology will not be accepted. In order to participate in the Grand Prize event ("Event"), a provisional finalist must respond to Cox Media Arizona notification within twenty-four (24) hours of notice or attempted notice. If the provisional finalist is contacted and notified in person within such 24 hour period and complies with these official rules, he/she will be declared an official finalist ("Finalist"). If the provisional finalist is not reached and notified in person by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing, or does not comply with these Official Rules, he/she may be disqualified and Cox Media Arizona may select a substitute provisional finalist at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Cox Media Arizona will conduct up to three (3) alternate drawings after which the Sponsor will select the Grand Prize Winner from fewer than five (5) Finalists.
Selection of Grand Prize Winner –
All five (5) Finalists selected during the Sweepstakes Period are invited to attend the Event at Valley Vista High School 15550 N Parkview Pl, Surprise, AZ 85374, at 7 pm MT on October 11, 2019 for the random drawing and selection of the provisional winner. If the provisional winner complies with these official rules, he/she will be declared the official winner ("Winner").
Finalist must be present to win. At the Event, each Finalist must present proof of eligibility. Each Finalist must personally appear at the Event by the announced time to be eligible. A Finalist’s failure to attend the Event and/or appear the Event by the announced time, to present required identification or proof of eligibility or to sign any paperwork required by Sponsor may result in immediate disqualification. Finalists must appear in person – no proxies are permitted. Sponsor reserve the right to determine in their sole discretion which Finalists have satisfied the Eligibility requirements. Eligible Finalists must participate in the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify and remove any Finalists from the Event in Sponsor’ sole discretion, if such Finalist is potentially dangerous, may injure other Finalists or any person in attendance, or may cause property damage. Sponsor will not be liable if the Event, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor may in their sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future event.
Selection of Additional Winners – Three (3) provisional additional winners (each a "Provisional Additional Winner") will be selected at random on the following dates: March 29, 2019; June 28, 2019 and September 27, 2019 by Cox Media Arizona from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Cox Media Arizona will attempt to notify the Provisional Additional Winners by telephone or email, depending on information provided, within twenty-four (24) hours of each drawing. No messages will be left at the telephone number(s) given by Provisional Additional Winners, and any calls returned by Provisional Additional Winners via caller identification or similar technology will not be accepted. In order to claim a prize, a Provisional Additional Winner must respond to Cox Media Arizona notification within twenty-four (24) hours of notice or attempted notice. If the Provisional Additional Winner is contacted and notified in person within such 24 hour period and complies with these official rules, he/she will be declared the official additional winner. If the Provisional Additional Winner is not reached and notified in person by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing, or does not comply with these Official Rules, he/she may be disqualified and Cox Media Arizona may select a substitute Provisional Additional Winner at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Cox Media Arizona will conduct up to three (3) alternate drawings after which the Prize(s) will remain unawarded.
8. Odds. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
9. Winner’s Responsibility. Prize Winner must accept Prize within seven (7) days of notification that he/she has been declared the Winner. Failure to accept and take delivery of the Prize within this time period will result in forfeiture of all rights and interest in the Prize. Awarding of a Prize may require the Winner to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release ("Release"), which must be executed and returned within ten (10) days of sender’s postmark and/or provide proof of residency. Failure to timely execute and return this Release may result in disqualification of Winner and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize.
10. General Participation Rules. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserve the right to award Prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
11. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, PRIZE PROVIDER AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
12. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided "as is" and that the Sponsor AND PRIZE PROVIDER make no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and the Sponsor hereby DISCLAIM all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY PROVISIONAL WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserve the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
13. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
14. Disputes. As a condition of entering, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Arizona.
15. Winner List. For names of Official Winners (available after 11/30/2019) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Winner’s List" or "Official Rules" Sands Fan Sweepstakes, c/o Cox Media, LLC, 4600 E Washington St. #200, Phoenix, AZ 85034, Attn: Marketing.
16. Sponsor. Sweepstakes sponsor is Cox Media, LLC., 6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, 30328.
17. Prize Provider. Prize providers are Sands Chevrolet Glendale 5418 NW Grand Ave, Glendale, AZ, and Sands Chevrolet Surprise 16991 W Waddell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85388.
©2019 Sands Chevrolet, All Rights Reserved